3240 -1/2 hp Professional Series
Screw Drive Opener
The screw drive garage door opener technology has been around for 20 years. It is quieter and has less vibration and noise than the chain drive openers. Coupled with the LiftMaster best-in-class limit-sensing technology, this is a great mid-priced garage door opener.
A quick note from the owner: we recommend a belt drive opener. For a very small increase in price you get a much quieter garage door opener with better technology and less vibration. Even LiftMaster gives a longer warranty on the belt drive. Long ago the screw drive was a good choice, but now it has been superseded by the more durable and quieter belt drive system. This system here, however, is the best of the screw drives; it’s just not as good as the belt drive garage door opener.
- 1/2 hp. premium motor with lifetime warranty.
- Solid construction screw drive rail available in 7', 8', and 10' lengths.
- Non-yellowing hinged light lenses allowing for easy bulb replacement.
- Two remotes using the Liftmaster new frequency and secure rolling code technology.
- Illuminated garage door control button with separate light control and remote disable functions.
- Includes the "protector system," which projects an invisible light across the garage door opening and automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is closing. It also turns on the light for safety and security purposes.
- Includes posi-lock, which locks the garage door in place when it’s all the way down.
- Manual release in case of power outage.
- New improved steel rail with bearings to increase the smooth screw drive operation.
Includes lifetime motor warranty
Two-year parts and installation warranty